SLIDE1

 

20130718

SOUTH KOREA D-19

Only three weeks left before I fly to Seoul ! I'm so not ready haha. I actually gave up half the things I planned to do because I am too lazy and I am supposed to enjoy the last days living in France (ahem, means not doing anything). And I am way too poor to buy a hair dryer and a curling iron (useless things I need in my life), I am saving up money to go to the restaurants in Paris next week.

So, I'm going to Seoul very soon, and as usual, I will do everything at the very last minute. Tokki and I haven't really planned what we are going to do when we'll be there, we actually only looked for food. So, I am just going to talk about few things I miss from my last trip to South Korea !

First, the crêpes from Spera (I think?), located in Hongdae ! The crêpes are pretty good and not expensive, good point when you're super hungry. You can have them filled with fruits, ice cream, cheesecakes... I think the cakes are unfrozen but still good. 


I also miss bubble teas from Bubble Pong and Bubble Tree (the one below is from Bubble Pong). I  have actually never ordered tea, I used to have a mango or passion smoothie with the tapioca pearls. And their smoothies are really good, especially the ones from Bubble Tree (ulzzang style guys working there). I'm pretty sure they sell other kinds of drinks with the tapioca pearls ! 
There is something else I am always craving for... deli manjoo (델리 만쥬) ! It is a little custard filled cake which is usually sold at subway stations. I got those at Gwanghwamun station I think. It's very sweet but I am in love with them ! I will try to shoot a video of the making of these sweet things ;) 
I swear it is the last time I am talking about food in this post ! For some reasons, I want to eat tteokbokki (떡볶이), though the first and the last time I ate this snack, my tummy hurted all night long (and I usually eat a lot of spicy dishes since I am lao). It wasn't spicy when I ate it but later... I swear I will always remember the pain lol. But it's pretty good and not expensive (cheap food lover here). It is about 2,000 won, really affordable !
The second dish is jjajangmyun (짜장면), it is a Chinese dish but I have only eaten it in South Korea (is it really Chinese ? or Chinese/Korean ? I have never been to China so I don't know..). I really like it, I thought the salsa would be salty as hell but it wasn't, it matches really well with the noodles ! 
There is something I really miss... stores that will only close at 10pm and night markets in Seoul streets! I live in a little town in France, and you don't know how frustrating it is to leave the stores at 7pm :( Especially when you get up in the afternoon when you're on break. I heard the department stores in Dongdaemun close at 5am... I'm not sure about this, I have to check it out ! The photo below is Myeongdong by night. 
The first store I want to go to is Joyrich in Sinsadong (a neighborhood for chic and hype people). There's a wallet I've wanted for months, it will probably be the thing I will buy first when I get there ! If I have enough money, and I doubt, I will buy clothes or accessorizes, I saw pretty stuff online !
I am a huge fan of INFINITE and I saw them last summer. It was amazing and one of the most memorable concerts I attended ! I am going to their concert in Seoul this year, I planned to go on the two days concert, I cannot wait ! I'm a bit sad I won't attend their concert in France, I bet it will be amazing!
There's a place in Myeongdong with purikura ! This little thing is addictive haha, I spend hours (actually half an hour, not kidding) decorating the purikura. I also took a purikura with SM artists lol, but it was so ugly I don't want to post it haha. 
That's all for the main things I miss ! There are more things but I just can't write all them down haha, I will talk about them when I'll be in South Korea ! By the way, if there are any topics you want me to talk about, just tell me ;) I am planning to write a post about concerts in South Korea, how to attend them etc. 

17 comments:

  1. 배고파ㅏㅏㅡㅡㅡㅡ Ugh I'm so hungry now, I want to et everything on you post damn.. Anyway, eat a lot for me this year and I hope I'll rejoin in July so we can get happily fat ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 나도 ㅠㅠ Don't worry, I will eat a lot of yummy things this year, will be waiting for you ;)

      Delete
  2. klervia7/18/2013

    YOU GOT ONE HUNGRY READER NOW *LOUD STOMACH NOISES*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, I was super hungry too when I wrote the post lol.

      Delete
  3. Such a yummy post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Si un jour je vais là-bas mais je vais prendre 10 kilos. OMG, j'avais bavé sur ton Instagram quand t'étais partie en Corée ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha je vais revenir avec des kilos en trop ! Mais ça va toi t'as de la marge ;) Et puis il fait super chaud là bas, donc ça compense haha, tu perds un peu de poids !

      Delete
  5. Hey ton portable ne fonctionne plus ? Tu n'as plus fb et tout le reste ? Je ne te trouve plus - oups.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whatsapp* pas fb et tout le reste. Et ton portable aussi, je ne sais pas si tu as résillé ton forfait. Hs mais chez MUJI il y a le sèche-cheveux de voyage, minuscule mais efficace et à 15€. Pour l'aller au moins, ça fera moins lourd dans ta valise. Au pire t'en prends deux comme ça si l'un se casse haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Je n'ai jamais utilisé whatsapp mdr, j'utilise kakaotalk ! Je t'envoie un sms après ! Je connais pas MUJI mais merci pour le plan ! Je suis trop pauvre pour m'acheter un sèche-cheveux de qualité mdr.

      Delete
    2. NON j'étais persuadée que tu avais WHATSAPP, du coup j'étais en stress (...) bon ça va j'ai kakaotalk, et oui le bon plan chez MUJI il y a plein de babioles cool pas chères haha. Par contre je ne sais pas si tu as un magasin à Toulouse, au pire tu commandes. Ah, chez Darty j'ai encore vu un sèche-cheveu de voyage à 10€ au pire. J'étais à la recherche du sèche-cheveu de voyage le plus minuscule possible!

      Delete
    3. Haha non j'ai jamais eu Whatsapp x) On se parlera via Kakaotalk :P Il y a un MUJI à Paris ? Car je passe là bas demain donc j'en profiterai ! Si tu me dis qu'il est bien, je te crois ;)

      Delete
  7. Ahh! Tteokbokki and Jajjangmyeon are my favourite Korean dishes! Looking at your post makes me hungry! D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I will write more yummy posts later ;)

      Delete
  8. Omg the food looks super decicious! I love South Korea <3 <3.
    Great post! ^_^

    Kisses~~

    HonneJihen blog [Click!]

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow! those food look yummy! i love south korea! that country is soo beautiful, plus i'm into KPOP big time!
    what say we follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Klervia8/06/2013

    Coucou Mayoury, j'espère que toi et Tokki avaient fait bon voyage! Amusez vous bien ☆^▽^☆

    ReplyDelete