SLIDE1

 

20130829

GAROSUGIL, THE PLACE WHERE HIPSTERS MEET

Following the Trick Eye Museum, Tokki and I went to Garosugil. This street is located in Sinsadong, in Gangnam. Garosugil is well known for its trendy clothes stores, restaurants etc. If you are a fashion lover, you should go there, especially when you are sick of the casual Korean clothes you find everywhere. You can find a lof of foreign brands popular among young people. Not luxury brands, but I would say "chic street style", clothes are a little bit more expensive than the usual Korean clothes. 








At the entry of Garosugil, you would find a store named "MAGMAG". This store provides items from popular brands such as Adidas, Jeremy Scott, Joyrich, Lazy Oaf... It can be interesting during sales because they also sell stuff from brands that usually don't do sales (for example Joyrich). They sell clothes for men and women. I also found this store in Myeongdong. I was actually not allowed to take photos, sorry for the lack of photos :( 




If you walk a little bit, you would find in the same street, the store "Spicy Color". This store mostly provides Korean clothes. The pieces are interesting but be careful because you can sometimes find the same clothes in cheaper stores in Hongdae, Myeongdong, and even Dongdaemun !






After Spicy Color, we looked for Joyrich, because we actually went to Garosugil to go there. I actually had no idea where the store was, though I went there last summer haha. 





I saw the spot where I met one of my favorite rappers MYK and Kero One last year. I had to take a photo again haha. 


I wish I could meet them again (with Tablo haha), they are nice guys !


So, we were still looking for Joyrich. I was scared we missed it, so we asked Korean people the directions. They could actually not really speak English so they decided to bring us there. Nice guys haha. 


And we finally reached Joyrich, yay ! And actually, I didn't dare taking photos over there, especially because one of the girls working there was following us everywhere. So I ended up taking photos in the fitting room haha. 





Since I am a poor ass, I only bought the wallet I've been wanting for half a year haha. And fortunately it was out of stock on the Japanese online store, because I was willing to buy the black one instead of the turquoise one ! 

Next to the store was a restaurant or café and I think they were recording something for the TV show "Korea's next top model". Unfortunately we could not enter it :(


After, we decided to eat, I remember we ate really early because we were really craving for burgers (again). So we went to the restaurant "Apartamento". We both had the biggest burger of the restaurant (not that big actually) and shared a plate of French fries. I loved the burger, the fries were not as good but not bad. 





If you want to reach Garusogil, and I recommend you to go to this place because the street is beautiful, with a lot of trees, take the subway and get off at Sinsa station on line 3 and exit 8. 

11 comments:

  1. Lol les porcs à l'entrée !
    Spicy Color a l'air cool ! race

    ReplyDelete
  2. Le coin Boy London <3 haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Je me demande toujours si ce sont des vrais car ils sont chers mais un peu moins cher que sur le site anglais.. Enfin c'est les soldes aussi mais vu que BL n'en fait jamais XD

      Delete
  3. BL avait donné une adresse coréenne pour se procurer leurs sappes mais je ne sais plus si c'est le store où tu étais. Après ce qu'ils vendent est aussi dispo sur le site donc je me demande.. Si c'est les soldes profite haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Genre le site indiqué sur les étiquettes des fringues c'est http://www.boylondon-ltd.com/
      Tu crois que c'est legit ? Comme ils vendent aussi des trucs que je vois pas sur le site anglais..

      Delete
    2. Parce que j'ai repéré la jupe que je voulais, genre 60 balles au lieu de 90 mdr, je suis tentée !

      Delete
    3. Je pense te dire oui pax sur leur site ils parlent bien du créateur, ils ont des copyright aussi, donc y'a eut une démarche d'exporter la marque par une team différente qui la gère en UK, d'où des trucs hideux ou exclusifs, donc normalement c'est du legit (+ J'avais vu GD avec un collier BOY LONDON, connaissant GD, porter du fake, ça doit pas être son kiffe) donc fais-toi plaisir Mama !

      Delete
    4. Merci pour les infos ! :) Je retournerai y faire un tour, même si c'est plus les soldes, je me prendrai quelques trucs :P

      Delete
    5. Mais de rien ! Tu me montreras ce que tu as prit :)

      Delete
  4. MAGNIFIQUE. Tu nous avais déjà montré l'extérieur de JOYRICH, c'est superbe :) Awh, merci pour ces clichés ~ ça fait voyager

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. J'essaierai de prendre l'intérieur un jour ;)

      Delete