SLIDE1

 

20140104

NUSEOUL KOREAN BEAUTY PRODUCTS PICKS

Korean people usually spend a lot of money in cosmetics, thus there are a lot of Korean cosmetics brands. I have been staying in South Korea for five months now, and as a cosmetics lover, I admit I tried a lot of Korean products. Once you buy them, you never stop haha. 

I try to buy products from different brands, but eventually I always go to the same cosmetics shops. When I am looking for skin care, I usually buy products from Skin Food, Innisfree, Missha or Laneige. Their skin care lines are usually really good, especially Laneige, but it's more expensive than the other brands. I usually don't really care for makeup, I just try random makeup brands in the stores. That is why I bought too many useless products haha. What I like is hanging out in OliveYoung which is a store with several cosmetics brands from Korea and overseas. 

In this post I am going to talk about some of my favorite beauty products. I am not going to review them in details since it would be long. But they are products I would recommend you if you are looking for new cosmetics :) 


Starting with the skincare products, I use two moisturizers. During summer, I use Etude House's "Flower Moistfull Cream" as a night cream. This cream moisturizes the face but does not make the face oily which is perfect for combination skins like mine. I also tried the original "Collagen Moistfull Cream" since I won it last year. This one is one of Etude House's best sellers, but I don't remember the difference with the Flower one. I don't remember why I picked the Flower one, maybe because of the scent ? haha. The cream is a bit "watery", that is why it is very light. The price is around 16,000 won. 

During winter, I use Missha's "Near Skin Bio White" since my skin tends to be dry because of the weather and the water in South Korea. I don't think there is any whitening effect, but this cream does moisturize the face. If your skin is oily, I would not recommend you this one, maybe you should use Etude House's Moistfull line. Since, I came back to France, my skin is less dry and I think this face cream is a bit too moisturizing for me. But if your skin is really dry, go for it ! The price is around 22,000 won. 

Finally, when troubles pop up, I use Innisfree's "Bija Anti-Trouble Spot Essence R". It helps reducing the spots. Sometimes I use it with the patches from the same line, the spot really appear smaller then ! I hate having a teenager skin when I'm not a teenager anymore :( The price is around 13,000 won. 

I also want to recommend Etude House's "Baking Powder BB cream remover" to remove your BB cream, it works really well ! I actually forgot the product in South Korea, so it is not in the photo haha. I actually use a lot of skin care products, my night skin routine is really long. It does help having a good complexion when I'm in Korea, but for some reasons it seems to not work so well in France... 


Moving to face makeup, I have three favorite products. I highly recommend them and would buy them again for sure. I don't use primers for now, I only use face creams as makeup base. Then, I apply The Face Shop's "Aura CC Cream". CC cream is a big hit in South Korea. The texture is lighter than the BB creams and the point is that the CC creams usually suits more your skin tone. Thus, almost all the CC creams have no tint, but they help brightening the complexion. The most popular one is Banila Co's. My friend said it was really good but I did not buy it since it lacks in coverage and I still have to cover some blemishes. The Face Shop's CC cream has the best coverage from what I read, a bit lighter than BB creams. I bought the lighter shade since it is similar to my skin color. This CC cream is not good at moisturizing, which is actually good for me since I apply moisturizers before. My face usually start becoming oily after a while when I apply moisturizers and BB creams, that is why I did not try a lot of BB creams. This CC cream comes with a little sponge but I don't use it. I apply the cream with fingers or another sponge. I am totally in love with this product, it fits perfectly my skin tone ! The price is around 24,000 won. 

For coverage, I use Clio's "Kill Cover Concealer". The product claims only one layer is enough to cover like professional makeup artists. And I have to admit the coverage is very good, you actually don't need a great amount of the product to cover your imperfections ! If you don't have heavy blemishes (red ones), one touch should be enough to cover them for the whole day, but if they are a little red maybe you should apply it once again few hours later. Since I have a Clio membership card, there are always discount, so I don't remember the original price, but I guess it was less than 15,000 won. 

When I am done with my face make up, I use Etude House's "Dear Girls Oil Control Pact". The effect is really good, my nose usually shines after a while but with this oil control pact, it would shine later or would not shine at all. I bring it everywhere and don't use oil control sheets anymore. I love it ! The price is around 9,000 won. 


I'm always obsessed with my eyebrows ! Especially in South Korea, every girl uses eyebrow products ! First of all, I use the Japanese brand Kiss Me Heroine Make's "Pencil Liner". I bought it at OliveYoung. It is actually difficult to find light shades for eyebrows in the Korean brands so I bought this one. It is pretty good, but depending on the days, the color may spread away after a while (especially when my skin is oily), so I usually apply it before my CC cream. The price is around 9,000 won. 

After drawing my eyebrows, I fill them with It's Skin's "Eyebrow Kit". I have no particular opinions about this product, it just happened that they had my eyebrow shade. And after filling them I apply Clio's "Tinted Tattoo Kill Brow" to color my eyebrows. The result is very natural, as if the hair were already brown. This product comes in two parts, a mascara part and a pen part. I have not really tried the pen yet. When I tried it in the store, the color was much more vivid. I guess I have to press the pen very hard to get the color. They say you can use it after your night skin care routine to have eyebrows for two days. Once again, I am not sure about the original price !

For my eyelashes, I use the Japanese brand Majolica Majorca's "Lash Expander Edge Meister". This product is also a hit in South Korea. This mascara really expand the eyelashes though it is not the reason why I bought it. I actually like the double brush. There is a little brush very usefull for the bottom lashes, I really like it ! And the mascara does not smudge and seperates the lashes very well. I got this mascara with a makeup pouch ! The price is around 17,000 won. 


South Korea made me love makeup and I started to wear lipsticks every day (I did not wear any before, except for special occasions). I like red and bright pink lipsticks but the red ones are definitely my favorite ! The one I wear every day is Etude House's "Apricot" stick. It is more like a mix between a gloss and a lipstick. I picked the red shade which is the brightest one. Unlike a gloss, the color is more apparent, but it would be less bright after an hour. But the color remains on your lips which gives a natural look. I apply it once or twice a day, depending on my mood. I like the fact that the color is really bright when you apply it but that it does not feel like you wear too much makeup. The price is around 3,000 won. 

When I go out, and when I am not too lazy, I wear Clio's "Virgin Kiss Lipnicure". Like the other products I bought from this brand, the color is really pigemented. So it can be a bit tricky to apply it, if you make a mistake it may difficult to remove it :( But I found out it is easier to apply it with your finger. What I like about this product is that it acts like a tint-lipstick. I mean the product litteraly tints your lips ! It is like applying nail polish on your nails (by the way all my friends mistaked this product as a nail polish haha). What is more you can also use it in a more natural way, like a tint, making a gradient lips makeup (this makeup is popular in South Korea) ! What is more, when you wear it, the product does not smudge. For more makeup ideas with this product, I suggest you to watch 2NE1's Sandara's Get it Beauty video ! This product does not moisturize your lips and if you have dry lips, it would be apparent, so I recommend you to do regular lips scrubs and moisturize them. I actually applied lip balm before the Lipnicure and the result is not good, it feels sticky, so you have to apply it on dry lips but with no dead skins, or use a primer ! The color I bought is the Tension Red.

The last lipstick I bought is Clio's "Virgin Kiss Tint Lips". I admit I really like this brand when it comes to makeup. I bought the 16th shade "Blackout Red". The color is really good, as I said, I love red lipsticks and this one has a classy feeling. It's a dark red, I actually feel like a vampire when I wear it haha, but I love it ! Since it is not a matte lipstick, it does not dry your lips, it moisturizes them a little. The color does not stay for the whole day but I am satisfied with it since I really like the color !


That is all for today ! My post is really long and I know I did not give that much details about the products since I do not want to do a full review for each products. I only wanted to share my favorite products with you ! If you need more information about them, I suggest you to look for reviews on the web since they are mostly hit products ! If you have questions about them, feel free to ask ;) I hope I can write another post about cosmetics later :D 

12 comments:

  1. I always wanted to try the kill cover line from CLIO!! Now since a clio store just opened near my uni (oh oh! I'm also a foreign student living in Busan, SK! :DDD) I'll definitely purchasing them when they're on sale! :D

    mysugarcoffee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's so cool a Clio store opened near your uni, you should definitely buy stuff from them, they're awesome <3 Don't forget to make a membership card, there are always discount on their products ^^

      Delete
  2. Le Majorlica Majorca mon chouchou ! Je vais peut-être me commander une CC cream un des ces 4, parfois je trouve la BB un peu trop lourde sur ma peau.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh i'm dreaming about clio Lipstick and Lipnicure right now :) Can you show how "Blackout Red" looks on lips in real life?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time I wear it, I will take a photo ;)

      Delete
  4. I'm dreaming of these products! I also still have a teenager skin and it sucks! The products here in Denmark are so expensive and not very efficient, I feel like Asian people really do understand the importance of great; beautiful skin and so they have a lot more choices! Brands also always search for the perfect formulas...I wish I could buy (T___T) however I have also an issue with the fact that the beauty products have whitening effects, my skin is quite tan and I don't want it to get whiter because of chemical products, also I don't think I'll be able to find BB creams that could fit my skin tone..But still..I really love beauty products and I wish I could get my hands on all the above! hehe :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then maybe you should try a CC cream, it's better than a BB cream, it should match your skin tone without whitening it ^-^

      Delete
  5. La CC cream a l'air mieux que la BB cream quand même genre moins lourde comme tu l'as écrite, ça doit être trop cool !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oui je trouve la CC cream beaucoup plus agréable à porter que la BB cream ! Surtout que j'ai du mal à supporter la BB :(

      Delete
  6. Awh, merci pour toutes ces informations ;) Certains produits coréens ont l'air vraiment excellents

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. J'essaierai d'écrire des articles plus détaillés par la suite :)

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the review! I'm looking for a concealer lately so I'll give Clio's a try :D

    Giveaway on my blog!

    ReplyDelete